Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Destination: NY Part 1

I've decided to blog my journey to finally getting to NYC. Most people don't know this, but it actually all started when I was just 15. I decided to make it into different parts, that way I won't have the LONGEST blog post ever.

When I was in high school, my youth pastor used to always take a group of teens on a missions trip to NYC. I'd always wanted to go there, but I never went on the trips because I never felt called to go. If I went on the trip, it'd be for my own selfish reasons.

After a team came home from NYC when I was 15, they'd always do a service showing the church what it is they did and sharing experiences there. When they were praying in the end-I felt God finally tell me, "You're going to NYC." So I told my mom that next year I'd be going on the trip.

Some things happened at the church and our youth pastor moved elsewhere-so no NYC trip for Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment