Wednesday, October 10, 2012

No More Heart Scabs.

Sometimes people come into our lives and we are overwhelmed with love for them that we can't explain why. There was someone that I truely truely cared about in my life that didn't know how to love me the way I loved them. They made my heart break weekly but I still cared about them. I could never quite explain why.

I believe God point said person in my life to help me grow. I learned not to invest so much time into someone that didn't care. I still needed to care about that person and pray for them-but not completely fill my thoughts with them they way I had once done.

After a long period of time I slowly but surely thought my heart was healing from all the scrapes and bruises it had. But I never TRUELY let go. I thought I was okay again and I was moving on with my life. But every now and again I would hear a song, watch a movie, or hear a story that would remind me of that person and my heart would cringe because I still had a scab from those heart scrapes.

I'm now completely in love with someone else and I was determined that my heart was okay again. But recently I made contact with said person and I felt okay but I found myself thinking about them again. For some reason I felt the Holy Spirit tell me I needed to see that person.

So I went and had coffee with said human being and I was really nervous while I waited in my car for them to arrive. When they got there we chatted about what's new, old friends, school, etc. etc. and while I was talking to them, I felt okay.

I was finally okay. I left there feeling okay. I my heart scab was gone. THAT was why the Holy Spirit told me to spend time with them. Because I finally got my closure that I thought I already had but didn't. I feel completely healed now. Like I said before, my heart scab is gone. Will I see this person again in life? I don't know. If I do, I'll be okay. If I don't, I'll be okay. I feel calm. I feel healed. I'm finally okay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment