Sunday, April 24, 2011

Keeping my Heart Protected


Let me start out by saying that Adele is FANTASTIC and I love this song to death! (Plus, even though it wasn't as good as Adele, they sang this song on glee!) I'm not 100% on what this song is about exactly (relationship-wise) some say its about an abusive relationship, some say its about opening up. Lately there has been a certain fella (two fellas, actually) that have been on my mind a lot. One of them I hang out with ALL the time, the other I don't see as often, but he makes me feel so special. But here's the big thing-neither are Christians. It KILLS me.
I don't know how, but I can keep myself from liking someone if I really put my mind to it. I have yet to admit to myself that I have feelings for either one of these guys (and it takes me a lot to admit it to myself-see older blog post of mine). So this one line from this song has really stuck out to me-"I won't let you close enough to hurt me", which is hard to do, but I've decided that that's how I'm going to be with the two of them. I don't open up as easily as I used to to guys, and it's made me strong. It was difficult for me to think this (but not as much anymore) but I can actually prevent my own heartbreak. So, basically, I've decided to protect my heart from it being broken by those fine young men. One day (should they decide to follow Jesus and I'm ready) I may open up to them. But for now, I'm keeping my heart safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment