Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sounds a Little Cliche, but....

.....the truth really does set you free. Well it sets me free at least. I'm probably one of the best secret keepers in the world. People trust me so easily, that really random people will tell me their deepest darkest secrets within five minutes of me meeting them. Ever seen Mean Girls? Remember that part when the Burn Book gets out and all the girls go insane and practically kill each other? Well, I have enough secrets in my head to make that happen if I wanted to.... Well, this past week I found out (yet another secret) something really big, and without her knowing it, but my mother was (kind of) a part of it. Someone asked her to do her a favor, so she did it, and when I found out what the favor was for, I stopped it without telling her. It really killed me inside that I didn't tell her what was really going on. I didn't want to tell her because (literally) the exact same situation happened a few years ago, and I lost some friendships over it, and I did NOT want that to happen again. But the past few days it was eating me up inside. So I finally told her about it today and I felt so relieved. She was a bit concerned about what I'm going to be do in the future now but other than that she didn't make too big of a deal about it. (Because it didn't really involve her much) But the amount of relief I felt after I told her felt like twenty pounds got lifted off of my shoulders. So, really, don't think it's too cliche, but the truth does set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment